Making your own cleaning products is a fun family project, and it’s an easy way to go green while saving some “green” along the way. When making your own cleaning supplies you can re-use sterilized glass bottles, or make sure to use new, clean plastic bottles. Also, add some labels so you know what’s what. Here are some favorites:
All Purpose Spray
- 2 tsp. of baking soda
- ½ tsp. of Dr. Bronners Citrus Orange Castile Soap
- 4 Tbsps. Distilled white vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups of filtered water
- 10 drop Tea Tree essential oil
Add all ingredients, stir, and shake well. Pour into a squirt bottle for added convenience.
Liquid Gel Dishwasher Detergent
- 3 Tbsps. of Dr. Bronners Baby Mild Castile Soap
- 3 cups of warm filtered water
- 1 cup washing soda
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
Add all the ingredients to a jar and shake very well until the washing soda dissolves. You may need to keep the jar upside down overnight. Store in a mason jar with an air tight lid. Use 1-2 TBSP per load in the main wash. For added sparkle, add one tablespoon in the pre-wash or you can use vinegar!
- 1 cup of distilled water
- ¼ cup of witch hazel astringent
- 15 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 10 drop of Tea Tree oil
Store in a spray bottle preferably glass since some essential oils can degrade plastic over time. This spray is perfect for a sweat drenched yoga mat.